What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are different kinds of virus and some of them cause disease. Covid-19 is a newly identified type of coronavirus which caused a recent outbreak of reparatory diseases. Experts say that Covid-19 do not spared by air. It spreads person to person and can be tested in a laboratory.
As we know that there is no Covid-19 vaccine yet, you need to prevent yourself from its infection. Prevention involves social distancing, frequent hand washing, staying home and coughing using tissue paper, etc.
As there is no vaccine for Covid-19 yet, the biggest question is how to protect you from its infection?
In the current scenario, this is one of the toughest questions to answer because we don’t yet know how to prevent the damage caused by a coronavirus. There are few things which you can do to protect yourself from Covid-19.
- Social distancing: Social distancing is one of the best ways to protect you from Covid-19 infection. Social distancing is increasing the physical distance between people to stop the transmission of diseases like Covid-19. Here are a few examples of social distancing that allow you to avoid large crowds.
- Staying at least six feet away from other peoples
- Work from home instead of the office
- Avoid going to large meeting and conferences
- Stay at home
Hand washing: You can kill coronavirus by washing your hands properly. It is advised to wash your hands for 20 seconds with a shop or hand sanitizer. If you are using hand sanitizer, it should contain at least 60 percent alcohol.
Get proper sleep: Adequate sleep is most important to boost your immune system and a person with a poor immune system can easily get infected by coronaviruses. It is advised that an adult should sleep for at least 8 hours.
Avoid smoking: If you will avoid smoking then your respiratory system will be strengthened and it would decrease the risk of catching infections.
Practice yoga and exercise: Yoga and exercise improve your immune system and overall health. Studies show that who exercise on a regular basis, tend to suffer fewer infections than those who do not. You can practice yoga at home to boost your immune system. Here are a few asanas which you can practice at home to boost your immunity.
- Pranayama (sitting and breathing)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes)
- Plank pose
- Matsyasana Variation
- Uttanasana (forward fold)
- Legs Up the Wall (Viparita Karani)
Conclusion: “prevention is better than cure” this statement is completely true in the case of Covid-19. social distancing and staying home are the best ways to keep yourself safe from Coronavirus infection.